Thursday, January 14, 2016

Today's Guest Designer

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for this challenge.  Please join us in welcoming Nicola (a.k.a. Paper Profusion), the winner of the challenge called An Altered State.


"Hello. I'm Nicola (aka Paper Profusion) and I'm truly delighted to feature again as a guest designer at Frilly & Funkie - one of my very favourite blogs for top notch inspiration and education.

I live in Dublin, Ireland. I’ve loved handicrafts for as long as I can remember, probably inspired by my Mum who excelled at every single crafting technique out there. From very young I was an avid knitter and always enjoyed learning crafts especially those involving paper. I’m now medically retired however during my ‘career / good health years’ my main creative hobby was photography - especially travel/wildlife related. During a time of serious illness, I became hooked on paper crafting as it gave me an outlet to a home based hobby that I could dabble in, at my own pace. I’m particularly drawn to the vintage / shabby chic genres usually adding lots of embellishments and ribbon.

I'm so pleased that Cec's Challenge theme is 'Sing, Sing, Sing'. Coming straight after Christmas it can be hard to get crafting again but this theme made it easy. My card features a bird singing it's heart out with plenty of musical allusions in the form of pattern, stamping and embellishments. You can find out more over at my blog. In the meantime, huge thanks to all the über talented team at Frilly & Funkie for inviting me to guest design today."

* * *
Thank you Nicola for such a fabulous make for our 'Sing, Sing, Sing' challenge.  If you want to join in too there is still lots of time.  The challenge runs until 11:55 Eastern Time on Tuesday, January 26th 2016 so click here to go to the challenge and share your musical project.

8 comments:

  1. This is incredible Nicola!!! What a joy to be able to click on your photo and get a wonderful up close look at all the details on your card - it makes me appreciate even more how much work you put into each of your creations. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the very talented Nicola here as Guest Designer! Your card is so pretty and your bird just looks wonderful there singing his heart out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to have you here with us for our Sing, Sing, Sing challenge Nicola. Your card is simply stunning. Off I go for some close ups! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, Nicola! This is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a pleasure to have you guest designing for us, Nicole. This is so lovely! Beautiful colors and I love the way you cut the back panel out of music paper. Congratulations on being selected as our Funkie Favorite for the Altered State challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A glorious guest offering from Nicola - what a joy of a card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete